1. Learn more --> Schedule a presentation for your church/group/CYO, attend a presentation or watch this awareness video.
2. Pray and consider joining #NOLARespectLife prayer team --> Under Her Mantle
3. Talk about it--> Share what you know with others
4. Participate in our annual Day of Awareness & Prayer against Human Trafficking on Feb. 8th
5. Support or participate in our partner project: We are continuting to assist a local safe house, the Free Indeed Home, where girls ages 12-17 who have been sex trafficked can come for healing & restoration. If you or your group would like to participate in any way, please email the Respect Life Office.
What we do locally
- Covenant House New Orleans
- SpeakHope in the greater New Orleans area
- Free Indeed Home -- a home at an undisclosed location in the Greater New Orleans area dedicated to the rehabilitation of minor female victims of sex trafficking and/or sexual exploitation
- Baptist Friendship House — assistance to women who are survivors of human trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation
- To help local service providers with specific needs, email the Respect Life Office for details.
St. Andrew the Apostle Church is hosting a presentation on Human Trafficking on Wednesday November 15th from 7-8:30 PM. Presenters are Special Agent Michael Forrester, FBI, New Orleans and Debbie Shinskie, Director, Respect Life Office, Archdiocese of New Orleans. Please note that due to the graphic nature of the discussions, attendance is restricted to persons over the age of 18. All are invited and encouraged to attend the free event and learn how together we can best serve in our churches and communities and do work to end human trafficking. For more information contact the Parish Office at 504-393-2334.
If you or your group would like to participate in the collection of much-needed items, please contact the Respect Life Office to facilitate this (no drop-offs can be accepted) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-400-4824
pasta, rice, cereals, canned meats, & fruits
If any groups, particularly on the Northshore, are able do donate perishable foods such as fresh fruits, bread, & meat, please contact the Respect Life Office at email@example.com or 504-400-4824
***The Free Indeed Home is currently hiring women who feel called to work with the girls they have in residence at the home. Part time or full time. Childcare experience preferred. The Free Indeed Home is a faith-based home. Please contact Beth at 985-373-4446 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day of Awareness & Prayer Against Human Trafficking is February 8, 2018
Please be aware of the signs of trafficking: http://polarisproject.org/recognize-signs
if you see something, SAY SOMETHING! It is better to report a suspicious incident & be wrong than to be right & say nothing.
National Human Trafficking Hotline… 888-3737-888 — keep this number in your phone!
For more information on Human Trafficking, please visit the website… https://respectlife.arch-no.org/human-trafficking