The Office of Archives and Records for the Archdiocese of New Orleans is looking for a Processing Archivist / Records Analyst who can help preserve and provide access to the historical records of the Archdiocese. The position will be responsible for creating access tools and providing reference for the public and archdiocesan staff. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to analyze and facilitate the records management functions and needs of the Archdiocese of New Orleans.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Arrange and describe permanent and historical records according to best professional practices and standards.
- Utilize access tools such as finding aids, the records management software system, microfilm, and published materials to answer in-person, telephone, and E-mail reference requests. Apply professional standards and state/federal law in providing access to records.
- Create and maintain digital objects such as images and web sites according to national standards and best professional practices to facilitate access and understanding of the Archdiocesan Archives policies, procedures, and holdings.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required include:
- Master’s Degree in Archival Administration or Master of Library Science with a concentration of Archival Administration or Master’s Degree in History with experience in Archival repository required.
- One (1) year of experience in a professional archival and/or records management setting required.
- Archival and records management skills as defined by current professional practices and standards required.
- Ability to lift thirty-five (35) pounds required.
For full requirements, please see the full job description, attached below.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, September 15, 2017. Please use “Processing Archivist – Your Name” in the subject line.
To submit by mail: Archdiocese of New Orleans
Archives and Records, ATTN: Emilie Leumas
7887 Walmsley Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70125
The Archdiocese of New Orleans is an Equal Opportunity Employer