St. Anthony’s Gardens is a not-for-profit organization whose primary mission is to provide a meaningful and purposeful retirement lifestyle for adults 55+ who want to remain active in a more upscale surrounding.
The Archdiocese of New Orleans has a long-standing reputation for quality, excellence and compassion in the delivery of housing and care. Its newest Community, St. Anthony’s Gardens (which opened last December), has a strong spiritual support base with a vision of creative, inspired, value-oriented retirement living. St. Anthony’s Gardens is governed by a Board of Directors who provide oversight to the Executive Director to ensure the mission and vision of the Archdiocese as well as the goals and objectives for the Community are met and exceeded.
Currently Seeking Executive Director - St. Anthony's Gardens SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the overall successful leadership, management and operations of St. Anthony’s Gardens (the “Community”). The ED reports to the Board of Directors and ensures occupancy and budgetary expectations are met. The Community consists of Independent Living residences, Assisted Living facilities and a Memory Care unit.
- Oversee the efficient, safe and effective day-to-day operations of the Community, ensuring that the staff, facilities and activities meet the expectations of its residents as well as the high standards of the Board of Directors and the Archdiocese of New Orleans.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the Community’s policies, operations, programs and services, ensuring they contribute to the mission, goals and objectives of St. Anthony’s Gardens.
- Foster effective teamwork with the Board of Directors through clear, concise and consistent communications.
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the Community and act as a professional advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the Community's activities.
- Prepare, present and manage the expense and capital budgets for St. Anthony’s Gardens including protecting the organization’s assets; overseeing all financial aspects of the Community’s operations and conducting analysis of financial statements to ensure budgetary goals are met. Adjust business practices and marketing approaches as appropriate to meet the financial expectations of the Board of Directors.
- Maintain two-way communication with Community’s residents and families including being open to input and suggestions from residents/families. Maintain the highest level of supportive relationships with residents through regular interaction.
- Provide motivation and leadership to employees and encourage a professional, positive attitude among staff by being a role model in conduct, appearance, communication, mutual respect and ethical behavior and decision making.
- Identify and evaluate risks to the Community’s image, residents, staff, property and finances and implement measures to control risks; ensure the physical community is maintained in an effective and efficient manner and communicate any concerns to the Board of Directors.
- Overall responsibility for all sales and marketing activities (in conjunction with the Sales team) to ensure the Community meets its occupancy and fiscal responsibilities. At a minimum, responsibilities to include crafting plans for:
- lead generation and tracking; including response to and following up with all walk-ins, phone-ins and email/mail requests in a timely and appropriate manner;
- creating, planning and implementing events to bring in prospective residents such as but not limited to: seminars, speakers, themed events, and family nights;
- scheduling, organizing and conducting tours with prospective resident(s).
- Give input and implement the marketing plan and strategy for the Community from pricing and product to media and messaging including customer retention and development; suggest changes to the marketing plan and strategies as necessary; assist in the positioning of the Community’s product and brand to the community at large in the most effective way.
- Create and implement a strong community outreach program including proactively representing St. Anthony’s Gardens and the Archdiocese to various agencies and corporations (local, state, regional and national). Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with local community groups and age-related organizations.
- Develop and maintain the approved operational plan including goals and objectives that work towards the mission of St. Anthony’s Gardens while maintaining approved budget. Monitor progress of operating plan and adjust as necessary.
- Develop and implement strategies for ongoing quality assurance and improvement efforts across all departments within the Community.
- Supervise, motivate and mentor team members; foster effective teamwork across the entire community (including residents and their families) and work with team members to assure quality of services in keeping with the Archdiocese of New Orleans’ long-standing reputation for quality, excellence and compassion in the delivery of housing and care to all.
- Manage overall aspects of staff regarding hiring and termination of Community staff, administer consistent performance evaluations, reward and discipline employees and apply management-approved employee policies and benefits; establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations and policies of the Archdiocese.
- Report on operational issues, policies, opportunities, planning recommendations and achievements to the Board of Directors.
- Manage vendor services and contract management including evaluation of services to determine vendors/programs that best meet the needs of the Community; monitor contracts and maintain appropriate documentation to ensure fulfillment of contract terms/services.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Keep informed of all trends, developments, risk management and other concepts/techniques in the senior residential industry. Knowledge of assisted living best practices including design and construction principles; knowledge and understanding of leases/resident agreements with an ability to explain these to prospective guests.
- Knowledge of HR principles including equal opportunity requirements for hiring and promotional opportunities, employee development and performance management skills; understand confidentiality of employee and resident information for HIPPA compliance;
- Maintain a positive attitude and possess good leadership and interpersonal skills; respond to resident and staff issues and concerns when they arise; ability to solve problems/conflicts effectively and in a calm, sensitive manner; positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the Community; foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of marketing, marketing plan development, marketing strategies, public relations and advertising cost-effectiveness; knowledge of customer service standards, current developments/trends in the senior living industry including typical community challenges and opportunities; ability to communicate the benefits of St. Anthony’s Gardens to a range of clientele and/or media sources; ability to develop and deliver presentations to the public, staff and residents/families of the Community.
- Affinity for seniors and genuinely care for their well-being with demonstrable patience and compassion for the welfare of St. Anthony’s residents; demonstrate an appreciation of the heritage, values, and wisdom of the resident and an understanding of their rights, the aging process and diseases of the elderly.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work is performed in a residential community setting but the mission of the Community may involve non-standard work locations and may require attendance at conferences, evening and/or weekend events.
- Speaking and hearing abilities required to perform job responsibilities; understand verbal and written directions with superior verbal and written communication skills required.
- Employee must be in good physical health and have the ability to sit, stand, climb, walk, and possess the strength/stamina to lift more than 50 lbs. with assistance.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for working with seniors, a high degree of customer service, strong leadership abilities and extensive marketing and sales experience. Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor degree in business, communications or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in retirement, nursing home, or assisted living industry.
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
- Strong commitment to the importance of proactive sales and marketing as it relates to community occupancy.
- Strong customer service track record with measurable results.
- Strong computer, analytical, communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently; be self-motivated and goal-directed.
- Must be honest, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others.
- Must practice and promote policies and procedures, mission statement, core values, policies and procedures of St. Anthony’s Gardens and the Archdiocese.
- Proven success in business operations with noted ability to lead teams to achieve quantifiable goals and objectives.
- Must meet all health requirements including pre-employment physical and current PPD (or chest x-ray) for tuberculosis and pass background checks including drug screen.
- Must provide minimum of five (5) references who can directly attest to candidate’s skills and abilities required for this position.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
St. Anthony’s Gardens offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
The defense and promotion of human rights is inseparable from the Gospel mandate. Therefore, neither St. Anthony’s Gardens nor the Archdiocese of New Orleans discriminates against applicants or employees for reason of race, religion, age, color, sex, disability, national origin or familial status.
APPLICATIONS AND INQUIRIES
Send cover letter, resume outlining demonstrable accomplishments and a verifiable track record of results and salary requirements to:
Valerie M. Grubb Val Grubb & Associates, Ltd. email@example.com
Include St. Anthony’s Gardens ED Search in the Subject Line.
Application deadline: 12/1/2017