- Amid insurgency, Iraqi priest is guardian angel of ancient manuscripts
- Pope Francis calls for abolishing death penalty and life imprisonment
- Iraqi priests sanctioned for seeking asylum without superiors' consent
- As elections approach, Catholic leaders say they see a new Ukraine
- All wars begin in a jealous heart; let go of pride, envy, pope says
See attached from the Vicar General.
This evening, parents of three Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of New Orleans are meeting with their school pastor and principal to be informed that their child(ren)'s school will not reopen in the 2015-16 school year. The schools that are closing for the upcoming year are Holy Ghost in New Orleans, Our Lady of Grace in Reserve and...
Clarion Herald – 10/18/14 – English; 10/25/14 – Spanish
One of the topics for deliberation during the Extraordinary Synod of Bishops on the Family, and one that probably will continue to be discussed again next year, is annulments, which can present very challenging pastoral issues. Is this the case?
Yes. There are many complex...
On the Feast of All Saints, November 1, the following Masses have been scheduled to be followed by the Blessing of the Graves:
Archbishop-emeritus Alfred Hughes at St. Peter Church in Reserve at 10:00 am
Msgr. Kenneth Hedrick at St. Louis #3 at 10:00 am,
Fr. Anthony Anala at St. Roch Cemetery at 10:00 am.
Also on the Feast of All Saints,...
On Sunday there was a very special Mass held at St. Francis Xavier in Metairie for a very special group of people. God's Special Children celebrated their 10th anniversary of hosting a special sensory Mass for families with children of all ages with disabilities. In a very special moment, one child received his First Eucharist!